Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Add- Local Delivery Feature

Let me know if what I'm throwing out here is already in the works.. Can we work towards adding a Local Delivery feature? Make it available to customers by county, city, or zip code.

With today's environment a local delivery feature is a huge opportunity from a marketing and revenue perspective. We already have an "Appointments" feature and Store Pick-up. Flip "Store Pick-up" upside down for the purpose of delivery, and keep the time scheduling options such as "book in advance" and "buffer time".

Seems to me that the ability is there, just duplicate and re-engineer current features for local delivery.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    fhouser1
    Product Team

Hello jessemoehn,

Thank you for reaching out. You can now set up shipping by zip codes.

You can label this shipping method to however you like, i.e. Local Delivery (12345-12350 zip codes only).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    JMPepper
    Advocate VII

I'm pretty sure that there will be this feature in the future.   While this feature is available in some webcarts now, these usually have an advanced shipping module.  We use local pickup in our store and the most difficult part about it, is making it a priority for notifications being checked.  There's few things worse than having a customer come in for an order that isn't ready or not  processed.  Anyways....

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    fhouser1
    Product Team

Hello jessemoehn,

Thank you for reaching out. You can now set up shipping by zip codes.

You can label this shipping method to however you like, i.e. Local Delivery (12345-12350 zip codes only).

View solution in original post

Thank you for this @fhouser1!

Unfortunately this doesn't work with British postal codes, I've tried entering CF831AA-CF838ZZ to include all of CF83 region, but when testing I get the 'We are unable to calculate shipping rates for the selected items.' message.  Is there another way of uploading postal codes, i.e. via csv file? or to use a 'wildcard'(*)