Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Adding Local Taxes

Hello,

I recently noticed that I am not charging my customers local tax. Where on the order page can I add the tax percentage for my county?

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi again, it won’t help to do your tax correctly on square, square is only being the processer taking payments. Go Daddy has it blocked that square tax setup will not work on there platform. Very frustrating!😡 also tax jar will not work on there site either. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
    RachelM
    Community Manager

Hi @DeeDee_EV710! If you haven't figured out how to do this, check out our help article on adding taxes https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-up-taxes-23925. 

Hope this helps. Take care!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi, apparently I haven’t figured out how to apply taxes to my products. Which is really stressing me out, because I am a very one woman show running a business with very little extra income to cover tax evasion especially when I’m relying for on two companies (square and go daddy) to help me prevent the irs from coming after me! Then I’m told by another go daddy customer that there is no solution to adding tax because the two company’s that should be working together for customer satisfaction aren’t. So I hope you or someone at go daddy and square can resolve adding tax to my orders so that I’m not financially screwed in the next year. From the hour long iChat with go daddy to searching the go daddy forums, this whole situation is giving me anxiety and I can’t sleep or focus in class or at work because I think I’m going to have a enormous tax bill next year. 

I'm new to the ecommerce world and thought I was being fairly savvy going with a huge company like GoDaddy but I am running into roadblocks that make me question that decision.  I live in Florida, we have a across the board sales tax which is simple enough to set up on the tax section for my store.  Where I am struggling (and it seems others are as well) is adding in the county surtax that varies throughout the state.  Is there a solution for this?  I tried creating a new tax but only states are listed and I cannot seem to find a way to drill down to county level or even manually enter based on zipcode which would be super tedious but I would be willing to do it to avoid falling out of compliance.

Anyone figured this out yet?

Not at all! It makes me so mad! I moving over to square, they are my checkout now on GoDaddy but GoDaddy BLOCKS Square tax so it still doesn’t work!

Sent from my iPhone

Hi! Have you had any luck on this with local tax? I have Square as my checkout and I have my tax done correctly and GoDaddy blocks Squares calculations and use there's, even if I put nothing in my Godaddy tax site. I think Im going to move on, they will not fix this and I dont know how anyone can use there ecommerce site! 

Thank you for the info. I truly was stumped as to why tax was not being added to my orders even after I updated the tax info on godaddy. I will check on updating the square app now.
    Thank you
    LOVE

Hi again, it won’t help to do your tax correctly on square, square is only being the processer taking payments. Go Daddy has it blocked that square tax setup will not work on there platform. Very frustrating!😡 also tax jar will not work on there site either. 

View solution in original post