Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    rjcrowder
    New

Adding Multiple Options to a Product - All of a sudden cannot add more than one option

Is anyone else who is using the online store unable to add more than one option to a product?

For weeks I had been adding products with multiple options such as color and size. Last Wednesday, I became unable to add more than one option to a product. I have been on the phone with support twice and they have replicated the issue.  I have no resolutions and am dead in the water adding any new products until this is resolved.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
    JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @rjcrowder. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! This definitely sounds like something that would be specific to your account. I'm guessing that the agents you spoke with would have created an escalation to have this situation reviewed. If so, you should hear back regarding this, typically within 72 hours. If the situation is resolved, please consider following up here on the forum. Others may be able to benefit from your experience. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

There is no resolution that is satisfactory.  Bottom line is you can only have 100 options per Options Name in your entire product library.  For example, I have 500 items that have size and color variations, so I made an Option Name "Color and Size".  when I hit 100, I was no longer able to use the "Color and Size" Option Name, I had to create a new one called Color/Size.  Now that I have hit 100 items with the Color/Size Option Name, I have to come up with another color and size Option Name.  This makes me look stupid and inconsistent to my customer.  Why can't you all open up and not limit the Option Name.

I am a small boutique that sells clothing, accessories and shoes.  80% of my inventory has size a color variations, to limit this the way you have is prohibitive to stores like mine.

JesseW
    Community Manager

@rjcrowder - I see. Sorry to hear that Online Store isn't working out quite the way you wanted it to.  It sounds like it might not be the ideal platform for your business. I'm not sure why the limitation is there, but I'm sure our developers have a good reason for it. You may want to consider using something like Woo Commerce on a WordPress install. That would probably give you the freedom you need to set up your store the way you want to. Smiley Frustrated

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.