• GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Adding Second user/login for editing website

I need to train individuals to work on the website so I need to add a collaborator or second user to my the account.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    PL281
    Super User III

@MelodySharp 

At this time GoDaddy doesn't have the ability for multiple editors on the Websites + Marketing Product - You can delegate access to your GoDaddy account - but that is for the entire account not just your website

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

TLH

Hi @MelodySharp,

Welcome to the Community!

As @PL281 advises, delegate access to your account will be the best way to allow others to work on your website. Each of the people you're trusting with the website work will need their own GoDaddy account in order to access yours. (It's never a good idea to give multiple people your user name and password directly into the account.)

You can use these instructions to provide that delegate access using the email address of each person allowed. When you choose the option for "Products, Domains. & Purchase", they will have the access needed to edit the website. Be aware that this permission also gives them the ability to: 

• Make purchases on your behalf using your stored payment method.
    • Access your products (including product control panels) and cancel new products.
    • For domains, you can permit management actions, transfer actions, or both. For more info, see Assign delegate folder permissions.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

2 REPLIES 2
    PL281
    Super User III

@MelodySharp 

At this time GoDaddy doesn't have the ability for multiple editors on the Websites + Marketing Product - You can delegate access to your GoDaddy account - but that is for the entire account not just your website

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

TLH

Hi @MelodySharp,

Welcome to the Community!

As @PL281 advises, delegate access to your account will be the best way to allow others to work on your website. Each of the people you're trusting with the website work will need their own GoDaddy account in order to access yours. (It's never a good idea to give multiple people your user name and password directly into the account.)

You can use these instructions to provide that delegate access using the email address of each person allowed. When you choose the option for "Products, Domains. & Purchase", they will have the access needed to edit the website. Be aware that this permission also gives them the ability to: 

• Make purchases on your behalf using your stored payment method.
    • Access your products (including product control panels) and cancel new products.
    • For domains, you can permit management actions, transfer actions, or both. For more info, see Assign delegate folder permissions.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support