cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    kcw78
    New

Adjust header height - Clarity theme

I mistakenly posted this in the Building and Managing Client Sites channel yesterday. This one seems more appropriate, so I am reposting here.

I am new the GD Websites + Marketing site builder GUI (although familiar with basic web concepts). I am using the Clarity Theme with a logo in the Header. My logo image 900 x 200 pixels (about half of the default height) and want to adjust the template height to match. I found a similar post, but can't figure out how to implement the suggestion. Is this available in the newest web builder GUI?

Ref: Adjust height of header in All Colors theme 

Where do I find this menu:

Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS

If I can't do this with HTML/CSS, is there a different Theme with a smaller (shorter) header?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Nate
    Super User II

The post referenced is in regard to a WordPress website.  You wouldn't be able to alter the CSS of a theme in Websites + Marketing.  It's hard to say what would be the best theme for your needs, but you can switch between them until you find one you may like.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Nate
    Super User II

The post referenced is in regard to a WordPress website.  You wouldn't be able to alter the CSS of a theme in Websites + Marketing.  It's hard to say what would be the best theme for your needs, but you can switch between them until you find one you may like.

View solution in original post

@Nate Thanks for letting me know about the WP reference. I was afraid I might be stuck with the default header size in the theme's template. I noticed there is a HTML option when I create a new section. I could use this to create a section sized to fit my image ...but I don't know if/how I can turn off the header.

Trying every theme to find one that "might" work sounds tedious, even if I have a manual backup as a known restore point. (It's a comment for Go Daddy development; no offense to your answer Nate). Alas....

Nate
    Super User II

@kcw78    Unfortunately the HTML section can be used to add content within that section but not alter other sections or the theme.  The theme selector gives a little preview so you can narrow it down and only need to try those you like.

The website builder is simplified for those who just want to pick from a few options and get their content online quick and easy.  WordPress is more flexible and customizable but there's the tradeoff of added effort doing the customizing.