Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    gcoakley
    New

Alternate Username and Password for My Account

Does anyone know if it possible to setup alternate usernames and passwords for accessing "My Account"?  I am managing a website for a non-profit group and I would like to setup backup logins for other members in the group so they can take over if necessary.  If possible, I would like each of these logins to have the 2-Step Verification to minimize the possibility of hacking.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Yes, it is possible @gcoakley. Actually GoDaddy has a really great process for granting secondary access to accounts. Check out Give others Account Access to your GoDaddy Account and also Getting the Most Out of GoDaddy Pro Clients,

Any account can have 2-Step Verification so if you choose to let a secondary account have access or a GoDaddy Pro account you can access that feature (I recommend that). I don't know your role but how I usually do is have the CEO (or whatever top person) name and email on the GoDaddy account associated with their products and use my Pro for access in as that allows me just one login for multiple client connections and keeps the direct account control within my client's company. I suspect that they REALLY don't login but they do have the username and password in a file somewhere and could recover any logins on their own, access support or whatever they need to do. It also keeps me separate from their billing which has nothing to do with me while allowing me to manage their products, cart, website...

In the Community there is also a great resource where you can find more information, tips, best practice and ask questions about GoDaddy Pro. Check out the GoDaddy Pro Lounge. Hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Yes, it is possible @gcoakley. Actually GoDaddy has a really great process for granting secondary access to accounts. Check out Give others Account Access to your GoDaddy Account and also Getting the Most Out of GoDaddy Pro Clients,

Any account can have 2-Step Verification so if you choose to let a secondary account have access or a GoDaddy Pro account you can access that feature (I recommend that). I don't know your role but how I usually do is have the CEO (or whatever top person) name and email on the GoDaddy account associated with their products and use my Pro for access in as that allows me just one login for multiple client connections and keeps the direct account control within my client's company. I suspect that they REALLY don't login but they do have the username and password in a file somewhere and could recover any logins on their own, access support or whatever they need to do. It also keeps me separate from their billing which has nothing to do with me while allowing me to manage their products, cart, website...

In the Community there is also a great resource where you can find more information, tips, best practice and ask questions about GoDaddy Pro. Check out the GoDaddy Pro Lounge. Hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post