Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    bradborno
    New

Blog subscription - List versus Blog?!

I setup a Blog page on my site.  On the page, I have a section at the top added for subscribing with the text box for their email and the subscribe button.  I edited all the options for the subscribe button to send blog updates to subscribers, etc. This only ends up subscribing them to a list, and not to the blog - and also doesn't send a verification email?!

I noticed on the actual Blog entry, there is a separate signup button & text which you cannot edit through the Website editor. This subscription section DOES work as expected.

What gives? What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I may have figured it out.  I added the "Subscribe" section before actually adding my blog and creating an entry.  Despite it having all the options for subscribing to the blog, I believe it wasn't connected due to the Blog not existing yet.  I've since removed the section and re-added it.  Now when I subscribe there, it works as expected.

GoDaddy_BLOG_Subscribe_Madness_2.png

0 REPLIES 0