Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Rod_K
    New

Building a PDF-only website

Hello Smiley Happy,

I want a PDF file to open automatically in the browser window whenever visitors to my website click on the site's URL. I believe I know how to configure the URL in order to make this happen but I need access to the URL in order to properly configure it. What I don't know is whether GoDaddy allows the URL to be edited and if so which tool I would use to get this done. Many thanks.

Rod_K   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Hello @Rod_K,

If you are using GoCentral I would just create an index page and put a download for any .PDF files that I wanted to convey. I don't know that your website would index properly if you just had your domain pointing directly to a .PDF file. Additionally your website may be thought of or flagged as SPAM if going to your URL directly prompts a file download. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Hello @Rod_K,

If you are using GoCentral I would just create an index page and put a download for any .PDF files that I wanted to convey. I don't know that your website would index properly if you just had your domain pointing directly to a .PDF file. Additionally your website may be thought of or flagged as SPAM if going to your URL directly prompts a file download. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post