• GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Can I Create a Member Directory?

Our website is for a social club.  There are public pages and Members Only pages.  Is there a way to create a simple member directory in the Members Only area?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    PL281
    Super User III

@CheriRThomas 

While you maybe able to accomplish this with Websites + Marketing - I would recommend looking to use WordPress for this as you could tie the member directory into the user management and make life much easier

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

TLH

Hi @CheriRThomas,

Welcome to the Community!

How are you managing your social club's member list? You can always create a link to download a PDF that would contain your member information. For example, if you keep track of your members on a spreadsheet, you can save that to a PDF, then provide a link for download. You can also, of course, create a page for a directory with the link to the page only appearing in the member's navigation area of your website. Then, as you update the list - using a layout that works for this purpose - it remains current for your visitors.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

exj
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @CheriRThomas !

It sounds like you're already using our membership features on your website?  In "Connections" (one of the tabs at the top of your Websites + Marketing Account), you can see and manage a list of your members (account holders), and decide who has access to the members-only pages on your site.  There's also a membership settings area where you can decide who can create accounts on your site, and whether or not they get that access.

Depending on your needs for a directory, it's possible to see a list of your members there.  You can also select all of those members and "export" them to a CSV format, which can be viewed in Google sheets, Microsoft Excel, or other spreadsheet programs. Let us know if you have other specific needs that we can help with!

3 REPLIES 3
    PL281
    Super User III

@CheriRThomas 

While you maybe able to accomplish this with Websites + Marketing - I would recommend looking to use WordPress for this as you could tie the member directory into the user management and make life much easier

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

TLH

Hi @CheriRThomas,

Welcome to the Community!

How are you managing your social club's member list? You can always create a link to download a PDF that would contain your member information. For example, if you keep track of your members on a spreadsheet, you can save that to a PDF, then provide a link for download. You can also, of course, create a page for a directory with the link to the page only appearing in the member's navigation area of your website. Then, as you update the list - using a layout that works for this purpose - it remains current for your visitors.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

exj
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @CheriRThomas !

It sounds like you're already using our membership features on your website?  In "Connections" (one of the tabs at the top of your Websites + Marketing Account), you can see and manage a list of your members (account holders), and decide who has access to the members-only pages on your site.  There's also a membership settings area where you can decide who can create accounts on your site, and whether or not they get that access.

Depending on your needs for a directory, it's possible to see a list of your members there.  You can also select all of those members and "export" them to a CSV format, which can be viewed in Google sheets, Microsoft Excel, or other spreadsheet programs. Let us know if you have other specific needs that we can help with!