cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Fidgeter
    Helper I

Changing the name of a field in checkout

Is there a way to edit the field names required for shipping in checkout. At the moment, for example, the fields are named "first name", "last name", "street address", "appt, unit, suite", "postal/zip", "city". The issue is "city". Many of my customers do not include their suburb. For example, Newcastle NSW postcode is 2300. If a customer lives in Wallsend NSW, the postcode is 2287. Wallsend is a suburb of the city of Newcastle. My customers continuously put, for example, Newcastle 2287. I am constantly having to contact people to ask their correct suburb. Is anybody else in Australia having this issue? I need to change the "city" field to say "suburb". Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    TLH

Hi @Fidgeter,

Welcome to the Community!

You have an interesting question. In America, you would never ask for a "suburb", as it would not have a single postal designation. Those cities considered a suburb (of a larger municipality) could have several zip, or postal codes, depending on how large they are. I'm wondering if the field on the form read "City/Suburb" (instead of just "city") would your customers understand what was being asked? I would like to forward your suggestion to the development team, if that designation would work for your checkout information. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    TLH

Hi @Fidgeter,

Welcome to the Community!

You have an interesting question. In America, you would never ask for a "suburb", as it would not have a single postal designation. Those cities considered a suburb (of a larger municipality) could have several zip, or postal codes, depending on how large they are. I'm wondering if the field on the form read "City/Suburb" (instead of just "city") would your customers understand what was being asked? I would like to forward your suggestion to the development team, if that designation would work for your checkout information. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

That would be an acceptable solution. Thanks for passing this suggestion on. I would be very grateful if this was implemented.