Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Cloning Website on another domain

Does anyone know the easiest way I can take one of my websites I built with the Website Builder and clone it and place it on a second domain. Yes, the exact same website. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    GaryA

Hi @poweroftexting, thanks for posting.

There is not a way to clone or copy a website from one Website Builder plan to another.

However, if you just want to change the domain name that the plan uses to put the site on a new domain, you can change the Domain name associated with the Website Builder plan.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
    GaryA

Hi @poweroftexting, thanks for posting.

There is not a way to clone or copy a website from one Website Builder plan to another.

However, if you just want to change the domain name that the plan uses to put the site on a new domain, you can change the Domain name associated with the Website Builder plan.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

View solution in original post

Question for you -- would you recommend this for a situation where I'm moving a client from one hosting facility to GoDaddy?

I'm taking over site management for a client (they were strictly an SEO client previously).  What I'd like to do is completely set up this client in a GD account and then flip the DNS switch so the move would be as seemless as possible. 

Hello @kurtteej42!

Welcome to the community! To move a website to us, we've constructed guides. You can find them in our Help section. Here's the guide if you're planning to use cPanel hosting.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi Gary

How do you change the Domain name associated with the Website Builder plan.

RD3
    Former Employee

Hi @greenawayb! You can modify the domain name associated to the Website Builder with the instructions here:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-my-domain-name-8465 

RD3 - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

The inability to clone a website in Webbuilder is a serious flaw-it should not be tolerated.