Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Comment Deleted due to duplicacy.

Comment Deleted due to duplicacy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    PL281
    Super User IV

@Shelly0269 

I merged your two postings into one....

I am an end user like you - I assume from your post that you are asking about the Websites + Marketing Platform 

I just ran my test site through the Wave tool https://wave.webaim.org/

I had 3 missing alt text and 3 empty links which could have been something I didn't configure.

As you may be aware while there are coding elements to the templates which are needed for compliance - much of the guidelines are around content and how you've set things up - for example jumping from a H1 to a H3 with no H2 in between.

I don't know that GoDaddy has any specific templates which have specifically flagged as accessible. Without seeing the reports it's hard to say specifically which elements are from the template vs your own content.

Personally I build using WordPress and install some accessibility widgets - if you are in a position where you MUST pass every last element of the guidelines I suggest looking at WordPress with a theme like Twenty Sixteen or Twenty Twelve - These are mostly text based themes - You can have graphics - just make sure you put in the titles / alt text.

My experience with meeting the accessibility guidelines and passing all of them - is that you end up sacrificing design (images and layout) for functionality / ease of use.

You can still have a nice looking site you just need to be aware of all the settings

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Accessibility Violations Guidelines WCAG 2.1 How has Go Daddy complied with Accessibility Violations Guidelines WCAG 2.1 AA AODA SECTION 508 for the Canadian Laws? Has Go Daddy passed the Web Content Guidelines, because there are Accessibility Inspector Scanners that are checking our websites and insisting that our website, that is developed by Go Daddy's Templates, have several Violations? Has anyone dealt with this issue and has had to fix this situation or buy a Widget?

PL281
    Super User IV

@Shelly0269 

I merged your two postings into one....

I am an end user like you - I assume from your post that you are asking about the Websites + Marketing Platform 

I just ran my test site through the Wave tool https://wave.webaim.org/

I had 3 missing alt text and 3 empty links which could have been something I didn't configure.

As you may be aware while there are coding elements to the templates which are needed for compliance - much of the guidelines are around content and how you've set things up - for example jumping from a H1 to a H3 with no H2 in between.

I don't know that GoDaddy has any specific templates which have specifically flagged as accessible. Without seeing the reports it's hard to say specifically which elements are from the template vs your own content.

Personally I build using WordPress and install some accessibility widgets - if you are in a position where you MUST pass every last element of the guidelines I suggest looking at WordPress with a theme like Twenty Sixteen or Twenty Twelve - These are mostly text based themes - You can have graphics - just make sure you put in the titles / alt text.

My experience with meeting the accessibility guidelines and passing all of them - is that you end up sacrificing design (images and layout) for functionality / ease of use.

You can still have a nice looking site you just need to be aware of all the settings

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post