Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Mona1
    New

Communication between two databases

I have two systems on of them is on godaddy server and the other one is on my own server. I want to exchange data between two databases.
    When I try to configure my outside system to access the my database on godaddy by using data source IP, user ID, and password, this error messgae comin up "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)".
    How can this two systems communicate together?
    2 REPLIES 2
    Lisi

Hi @Mona1,

Thank you for posting. It sounds like you might be missing the port from the application settings to connect to your database. Take a look at this article.

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I wrote this line in web.config

<add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=IP,port; Initial Catalog=name; User Id=id;Password=password;" providerName="sqloledb"/>

But I still received this error "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server."