Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    BetoFia
    New

Connecting to a MySQL database with a form.

Hello

A have a site hosted here, and the form need to conect to the mysql to charge the data.

To conect by php we need 3 things. host, username and password.

Can not find the godaddy host for mysql nowhere.

In support say than must be "localhost" or "my domine" or "the ip that appear in control pannel" but no one work.

¿Can sameone give a hand to me finding the godaddy host for mysql?

Thanks

Alberto Fía

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello

We solve the problem.

"Localhost" works great, when you are conecting to the database from a local web (hosted in godaddy). But when you need to access to the database from another software you need to use the IP (from de contol pannel) and need to call Godaddy and ask to enable connection from outside.

The port is the usual 3306.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
    JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @BetoFia. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

The hostname you will use depends on the type of hosting you have. cPanel accounts use the host name 'localhost'. Plesk accounts use the IP address of the database server and sometimes need a port specification. Databases on our Classic and Web Hosting plans have hostnames that are specific to the account. You can use these steps to find them. Obviously, the username and password would just be whatever you set them up to be. Hope that helps. If not, I suggest adding more details and sharing your script in reply. Another community member may know exactly what you need to change. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

Hello

We solve the problem.

"Localhost" works great, when you are conecting to the database from a local web (hosted in godaddy). But when you need to access to the database from another software you need to use the IP (from de contol pannel) and need to call Godaddy and ask to enable connection from outside.

The port is the usual 3306.

Regards

View solution in original post

kevink
    Getting Started

i am getting error in dreamweaver when trying to access my databases from  my go daddy account, i tried both localhost and my IP and in my database no tables show up (although i have tables set u p in php myadmin. created in mySQL. when i hit the 'select' button for database i get error, 'your php server does not have the mySQL module loaded or you cant or you cant use the mysql(p) connect function'.

Hey @kevink,

Can you provide some additional information for the community? Which version of Dreamweaver you're using, the type of hosting you have, etc.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    kevink
    Getting Started

yes, i am using dw cs6 and hosting is go daddy, and using xampp ver 3.2.2

also it connects fine to local test server, only issue on remote go daddy connection.

thank you

Hey @kevink,

Just checking in to see if you still need help with your database connection? If you're still running into trouble I think folks will still need to know the specific type of hosting plan you're on (cPanel/Plesk/WordPress). You previously mentioned a missing module in the error message. It might also help to have more specific details of the error message that was being generated so members will have a better idea on how to suggest a solution.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    kevink
    Getting Started

@CG yes i think it is the fact i have a dynamic ip and not a static ip. (the clue to me is it says it cant connect to localhost @cox.com which is my isp. so still trying to figure out a way around this problem.

I have a register form and its not working or inserting it to mysql database because when I look at phpmyadmin to my examplebb and I look at user I see nothing that I made an account from my register form. So I've been wondering what I do I need to look for or what do I say once I called support from godaddy?

http://hapibee.us/mysql/index.php

This is what im trying to make, but its not working. the errors work but the sending data from my register form to my mysql database is not working. The log in work, but not the register.