Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Soevad
    New

Desktop to mobile

how do create a mobile site, my site is a desktop version. When I go on my phone, nothing lines up

12 REPLIES 12
    tmaj
    Helper II

I've made reference and some insight to this in several posts.

RachelM
    Community Manager

Hey @tmaj,

It would be super helpful if you add to this thread, the links to the posts that you mentioned so @Soevad can see them quickly. Thanks much!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi Rachel, I could do that, but that would make it just too easy!

Anybody can click on my user name (tmaj) and see each and every post, I've ever posted here. ... I believe. Hopefully, GoDaddy will take the ball and run with it, on some of these issues. Smiley Happy .... Then, I'll have a little more time.

I've had this same problem.  Mobile site doesn't work or isn't activated.  Searching these forums yields dozens of posts simply saying, "this question has already been answered... elsewhere."  Even a link to this alleged answer would be helpful.

I've looked thru your posts & don't see the one you're referring to in your comments. I need to do this now. Thank You for your help

I have the same issue. Have you found a solution to this problem yet?

I do as well. Nothing is lining up as in the desktop view... What's up Go Daddy?

I have the same issue, the background picture is not even showing, and the sizes of the fonts are all over the place, not matching. 

Go Daddy team, can you please get back to all of us, with some solutions?

Hello @jdloera!

Thank you for posting. Can you provide some more information about your situation to help the community better answer your question? What type of hosting you have, your site URL, etc? Thank you!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I have the same problem...the mobile version is horrible looking. how can I solve that?

BeaunAce
    Getting Started

Hi there

I have built an online clothing store and when setting it up on my PC all the product photos have been rotated to display correctly. I have also used the mobile and ipad view buttons when building to check it appears ok in those views and everything is perfect, however, when I open the website on my mobile phone some of the photos are rotated the wrong way. Does anyone know what causes this?

My website is beaunace.com

Thanks for your time

Samii

This worked for me on one of my websites.  I put shapes behind each section I wanted to go together.  For example I had 3 pictures with text underneath.  On the mobile app, the pictures showed in a vertical row and then the text.  I added a shape that covered the first image with the text below it, and so on.  I was careful about the locking.  That seemed important.  I experimented.  I think I locked the image, then the text and then the shape behind it.  As I mentioned that worked on ONE of my websites. (www.specialbooksforamazingkids.com)  You can  see how the mobile version looks now.  Before all the text followed the first three pictures.  
    Now , however, I'm creating a new website and I have a new problem which I believe is related to the template I chose.  There is a large white space at the top and  nothing I can do changes that.  So if any one has a fix for that problem, I'd love to know what it is.

So try one shape behind content you want together.  (If you're worried about the color, just use the same as your background. 

Cheers,

Billie