Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    phub_dorji
    Getting Started

GoCentral Account

I built a website on GoDaddy for a friend but inadvertently built it through a trial GoCentral business plan.

1. What if I don't buy this plan and it expires? I read somewhere that my site would go dark, is that true? Even if I bought the domain?
    2. What if I downgrade the plan to the personal plan? Would I lose all the features of the business plan?
    3. GoCentral Business Plan comes with a free domain, but I already bought one for this site. If I end up buying the business plan, will I get a refund for the domain?
    4. How can I give access to the site to my friend?
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    DocTony
    Helper IV

1. <<What if I don't buy this plan and it expires? I read somewhere that my site would go dark, is that true? Even if I bought the domain?>>

Yes, if you do not renew, the site goes down. After a certain time it is deleted from the server and cannot be restored. In some cases after expiration there is also a restore fee to get it back online.

1. <<What if I downgrade the plan to the personal plan? Would I lose all the features of the business plan?>>

Correct.

1. <<GoCentral Business Plan comes with a free domain, but I already bought one for this site. If I end up buying the business plan, will I get a refund for the domain?>>

Most likely, you will not get a refund. The free domain offer applies only at time of purchase.

1. <<How can I give access to the site to my friend?>>

You really can't unless you give him access to your GoDaddy account. To my recollection, you cannot move a GoCentral account from one to another.

I would call support and get some further insight if you still have questions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    DocTony
    Helper IV

1. <<What if I don't buy this plan and it expires? I read somewhere that my site would go dark, is that true? Even if I bought the domain?>>

Yes, if you do not renew, the site goes down. After a certain time it is deleted from the server and cannot be restored. In some cases after expiration there is also a restore fee to get it back online.

1. <<What if I downgrade the plan to the personal plan? Would I lose all the features of the business plan?>>

Correct.

1. <<GoCentral Business Plan comes with a free domain, but I already bought one for this site. If I end up buying the business plan, will I get a refund for the domain?>>

Most likely, you will not get a refund. The free domain offer applies only at time of purchase.

1. <<How can I give access to the site to my friend?>>

You really can't unless you give him access to your GoDaddy account. To my recollection, you cannot move a GoCentral account from one to another.

I would call support and get some further insight if you still have questions.

View solution in original post