Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    kammg
    New

Godaddy and Google My Business

My domain is through Godaddy. It has not ever been transferred. However, I need to know if I am correct about an issue and what to do about it if I am correct. I apologize if my issue is not clear. However, I am willing to give the information needed if I missed anything. Thank you in advance.

Background Information:

Owned domain for 5 years or a little over. I changed my original startup company email address from Yahoo to Gmail to correspond with Google my business with a Gmail account. I verified Google My business first via mail. Two years later I became remote when changes came about with address issues being online only, Google shut me down until I got it correct. Unfortunately, my home address begins showing up on Google. I spoke with Google and Godaddy for months until it was fitted through Google. I later decided to use Godaddy SEO, somehow in between the processes and I don't know which one, Google My Business is now showing Multiple Locations. After discovering this information trying to add AdSense to my website, I think I realize that the owner of my Google My Business is my GoDaddy TxT. I spoke with a GD rep who was not knowledgable about any of this. Therefore, have gotten nowhere. I realized there were two Google site verifications, deleted one. I still have two locations in Google My Business. What would it do to my Google My Business and what can I do to fix this issue to get me back on track as soon as possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    TLH

Hi @kammg,

Welcome to the Community!

GoDaddy does not own or have any share in Google My Business. It is a partnership that takes advantage of the Google proprietary application and calls solely upon the data that is collected by Google within that program. Any TXT DNS added to the domain is verification of domain ownership and confirmation of connection to that name's data. This article will provide you more information as well as show some additional links at the bottom that can help you with the use of this feature. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    TLH

Hi @kammg,

Welcome to the Community!

GoDaddy does not own or have any share in Google My Business. It is a partnership that takes advantage of the Google proprietary application and calls solely upon the data that is collected by Google within that program. Any TXT DNS added to the domain is verification of domain ownership and confirmation of connection to that name's data. This article will provide you more information as well as show some additional links at the bottom that can help you with the use of this feature. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post