Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    RDRacinginc
    Helper I

Google shopping URL Verification?

I have Google Shopping set up on my GoDaddy Quick Store. They ask you to verify your URL by downloading a Google Html and then uploading it to your website. I'm wondering where we upload the html file? So that this is verified and our products show up on Google Shopping. Anyone having this problem?

,Thanks

Dylon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User II

I'm not familiar with GoDaddy Quick Store and if you have FTP access or not.  That HTML file has to be uploaded to the root directory via FTP so Google can "see" it and therefore verify your site.

Maybe try the HTML tag verification method.  You would copy-n-paste the tag that Google provides into the header area of your store.  I would think there should be an interface for you to add that through your store dashboard as having to add snippets to the header area is pretty common.

HTH!  Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    Muse
    Super User II

I'm not familiar with GoDaddy Quick Store and if you have FTP access or not.  That HTML file has to be uploaded to the root directory via FTP so Google can "see" it and therefore verify your site.

Maybe try the HTML tag verification method.  You would copy-n-paste the tag that Google provides into the header area of your store.  I would think there should be an interface for you to add that through your store dashboard as having to add snippets to the header area is pretty common.

HTH!  Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post

I am currently using go daddys website builder, have been for some time, Tonight i tried to sign us up to become a google verified store. got like 30 minutes in to the process then am stuck because i cant enter the code in to the cart confirmation page, Tried asking go daddy help and they are saying i cant do it. 

Surely this is a really simple thing! and should be offered! 

Can anyone help as i dont want to start my site from scratch

I'm in the same spot! And even though this question is labeled "solved" I don't see a solution.

Any feedback on this would be very helpful!!!

I'm using GoDaddy's Online store and am attempting to get into the google shopping arena.

LaNita

http://betterbody2.com

anothernamedesi
    Getting Started

I need to verify my domain name through Google. However, when I submit my username and password Google is unable to verify my GoDaddy account. Can anyone suggest a resolution to this problem?

Thanks

I'm in the same situation. I called Godaddy technical support but the technician seems has little knowledge in this area. Anyone can help us?