• GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do I increase SMTP Relays for Newsletter/Email Marketing ?

I will like to increaase my SMTP Relays from 1000 to about 20000 as I have more than 100000 email contacts to reach weekly. How do i go about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Former Employee

Hi @akinmacaulay

As @apexraiden mentions, if you're doing email marketing / sending newsletters, it would be best to do that with our GoDaddy Email Marketing product.  We manage the relays, the reputations, and spam handling for you.  All you need to do is upload your subscribers and create your email marketing newsletters.

There are quite a few help articles available if you'd like to get more information.

Thanks for the message!

Christie

Product Manager

GoDaddy Email Marketing

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    Getting Started

Increasing relays to that amount is pretty dangerous. You could end up getting marked as spam by your ISP by your domain or your IP address. Both are extremely hard to unblacklist, GoDaddy may even rate limit your or block you from sending that many.

What you need to do is use an email marketing program, something that is designed to send out that many emails and not be marked as spam because where it is sending from is an actual marketing server. 

GoDaddy has a product for that called GoDaddy Email Marketing. 
    https://www.godaddy.com/online-marketing/email-marketing

Advocate I

Sending out 100,000 marketing emails weekly through email on a hosting plan is guaranteed to get you and pretty much everyone else on the server blocked from sending email.  At your level, you need a professional grade email marketing system.

What if i dont want to send emails myself  but i want to increase the limit to 1,00,000 smtp relays per day.

For example i have this email client on which my users come and send mails using thier gmail smtp details. *None of them uses webmails or emails from my server*

Now when they(in total) send more than 5000 mails/day using my web app, my smtp relay limit gets over. How can i extend it to more so that they can easily send mails.

Former Employee

Hi @akinmacaulay

As @apexraiden mentions, if you're doing email marketing / sending newsletters, it would be best to do that with our GoDaddy Email Marketing product.  We manage the relays, the reputations, and spam handling for you.  All you need to do is upload your subscribers and create your email marketing newsletters.

There are quite a few help articles available if you'd like to get more information.

Thanks for the message!

Christie

Product Manager

GoDaddy Email Marketing

View solution in original post

But i want to become the service provider for them. I dont want them to know that they are using godaddy services. I want to be my own seller. Else they would directly buy it from godaddy. Why would my customers choose to buy the same from me??