Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How do I track how many times a pdf has been downloaded from the website?

How do I track how many times a pdf has been downloaded from the website.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

The simple answer is "Yes" @MKEGreenworks but as a general rule there is no way to track how many times someone downloaded a file unless you were tracking. Is this just a file on your hosting with a link?

The most simple thing I can think is to track the file download with the use of Google Analytics. Something like that would be helpful to see how many eBook downloads you have (as an example). Are you familiar enough with Google Analytics where you could implement something like a Event Measurement? If not there are some third party websites you could use to track file downloads/clicks. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

The simple answer is "Yes" @MKEGreenworks but as a general rule there is no way to track how many times someone downloaded a file unless you were tracking. Is this just a file on your hosting with a link?

The most simple thing I can think is to track the file download with the use of Google Analytics. Something like that would be helpful to see how many eBook downloads you have (as an example). Are you familiar enough with Google Analytics where you could implement something like a Event Measurement? If not there are some third party websites you could use to track file downloads/clicks. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post