Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    ikogan88
    New

How long can I keep my Website Builder 7 site for?

Hi Everyone,

I currently have a website built on Builder 7 and have heard that GoDaddy will be eliminating that builder.

I am just wondering if anybody has an idea how long the site built on Website 7 will still be online and how many times I will still be able to renew it?

I believe there are sites that were built on Website Builder 6 that are still online even though they can no longer be edited.

I understand that GoDaddy wants everyone to move to the new builder and I also am planning a site using the new builder, it is not so easy to just move all the work over, in some ways it is easier to start over in my opinion.

Any clarity would be helpful to understand if I have 4 months of that site being operational or possibly even 4 years?

Does anyone have a site they built on Website Builder 6 that is still online even though the builder is no longer available?

Thank you for the advice/opinions.

3 REPLIES 3
    MrVapor
    Super User 2020

@ikogan88 

To my knowledge, there is no definitive timeline for the End of Product cycle. I would just make sure that you have godaddy.com whitelisted in your email. They typically send out information regarding this if you have the product so you can make timely decisions. They don't just cut it off and say good luck.

I think you'll be fine until you make the crossover. I would suggest doing it sooner rather than later, though, just out of caution.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @MrVapor,

Thank you for the reply.

Do you know if there are any V6 builder sites still online and when that end of product cycle took place? 

@ikogan88 

That answer I do not know.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community