Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to add the Userway Accessibility Widget to my site?

I've been trying to add the Userway Widget to my site but to no avail. Using the HTML section recommended mangles the widget and forces it to not only stay to a single page but also does not allow the menu to pull up. I've seen multiple older posts/guides recommending custom site wide code to be entered under the "site wide code" tab, yet with multiple searches seem to be unable to find recent mention of the tab much less the tab at all. Does anyone have any idea on either how to get the Userway Widget to work properly or on how to find the site wide code tab? Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    PL281
    Super User IV

@NextStrikeGear 

I don't believe you will be able to add this to the Websites + Marketing Product - the custom HTML field will not work as it actually displays via an iFrame

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Consider this as a warning for others, PL281 is indeed correct. No widget will work with the HTML section provided as confirmed by numerous sources including but not limited to PL281 in this thread, multiple community posts, multiple guides online, various other accessibility widgets, and Godaddy support themselves. When pressed further to see if Godaddy had other ways of providing at the very least a basic accessibility menu or add on, I was prompted to "buy another service". A service that claims to be easy to use yet makes it unbearably hard to add a simple accessibility widget (something that becoming more vital nowadays?) meanwhile just coming from squarespace they make it easy as possible. I'm talking once i found out where to go it took me mere minutes to get it working. Meanwhile after multiple phone calls and a week of research, I'm being told to throw money at the problem and buy another one of their services (with no guarantee it will work might I add!). Meanwhile there's other various problems, but the widget issue I've talked about is the straw that broke the camel's back. This has gone on to be a bit of a word salad I admit, but to cap things off I'll add a few more things. Im not directing Hostility at PL281 or any of the support members of Goddaddy as they tried to provide the best service they could. Im directing my hostility towards a service that claims to be top of the line, yet is so many years behind. Let this thread be a word of caution to anyone else who takes a moment to research into the community issues.

2 REPLIES 2
    PL281
    Super User IV

@NextStrikeGear 

I don't believe you will be able to add this to the Websites + Marketing Product - the custom HTML field will not work as it actually displays via an iFrame

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Consider this as a warning for others, PL281 is indeed correct. No widget will work with the HTML section provided as confirmed by numerous sources including but not limited to PL281 in this thread, multiple community posts, multiple guides online, various other accessibility widgets, and Godaddy support themselves. When pressed further to see if Godaddy had other ways of providing at the very least a basic accessibility menu or add on, I was prompted to "buy another service". A service that claims to be easy to use yet makes it unbearably hard to add a simple accessibility widget (something that becoming more vital nowadays?) meanwhile just coming from squarespace they make it easy as possible. I'm talking once i found out where to go it took me mere minutes to get it working. Meanwhile after multiple phone calls and a week of research, I'm being told to throw money at the problem and buy another one of their services (with no guarantee it will work might I add!). Meanwhile there's other various problems, but the widget issue I've talked about is the straw that broke the camel's back. This has gone on to be a bit of a word salad I admit, but to cap things off I'll add a few more things. Im not directing Hostility at PL281 or any of the support members of Goddaddy as they tried to provide the best service they could. Im directing my hostility towards a service that claims to be top of the line, yet is so many years behind. Let this thread be a word of caution to anyone else who takes a moment to research into the community issues.