Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to build dating site

I want a website where users create their own accounts and create a profile for themself but they have to pay to create a profile. But then guests can view the profiles without paying. Is there a way to do this on the GoDaddy website builder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Nate
    Super User II

No, the website builder platform is not set-up for paid access or user profiles.  Basically when a website does something it requires software running in the background to do that thing.  So you would either need to write a program to do what you want or find a solution that's already been made.  You may want to look into a platform like WordPress where you can customize the backend and extend functionality with plug-ins.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Nate
    Super User II

No, the website builder platform is not set-up for paid access or user profiles.  Basically when a website does something it requires software running in the background to do that thing.  So you would either need to write a program to do what you want or find a solution that's already been made.  You may want to look into a platform like WordPress where you can customize the backend and extend functionality with plug-ins.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/

View solution in original post

MrVapor
    Super User 2020

@katiebarnsss 

To add to what @Nate said, you'll also want to keep in mind that you're going to need dedicated resources for a community like that. Shared hosting won't work for that kind of website. Not if it has any sort of real traffic, anyway. You're going to want to look at getting a high-end VPS or a dedicated server.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

TLH

Hi @katiebarnsss,

Welcome to the Community!

The previous replies are correct. Websites+Marketing won't be able to deliver that kind of website. As starters, you may want to look into the various applications you can add to a cPanel Hosting plan. If you're familiar with WordPress, there are a variety of plugins that may help you accomplish a dating site. You can add those to a Managed WordPress plan and search for those here

After your site gets going, @MrVapor is correct. Successful traffic could mean upgrading your shared hosting to a Business or VPS plan.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us