Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How to center or move where Certified Domain Seal displays?

Hi all,

We just updated our website and we have a couple centered logos in the footer.  I would like our GoDaddy certified domain seal to appear on the right side of our other logos, but when we add the seal's javascript in the correct place, the seal automatically displays to the far left side away from everything else.  We tried using some css and <div> tags to force it to display in the correct place, but they have no effect on it.  How can we control where the seal displays on our page?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
    charminglygeeky
    Employee

Hi @jacksghost,

Coding is not something that we support. You can add the Domain Origination Certified seal anywhere on your website. Remember, it goes inside the body tags (for example: between and ). Have you tried to use the center tag: <center>This text will be center-aligned.</center

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I appreciate the response, but this doesn't help.  The <div> tag I mentioned is what we would use to center the logo and it does not work.  Since the display is controlled by a GoDaddy Javascript, there should be a support article for how to get it to display properly.  We do web development and can't make it display where we want so how are other people going to do it?

I guess we'll just go back to the 1990's, copy the image, and display it where we want, but the date will not display properly like it should.

WOW cant believe i am reading this from GODADDY, been with them for about 15 years now ! The <span id="cdSiteSeal1"> is what is controlling the pacing if you remove it, the seal will not show at all, so YES, its Godaddys turn to speak up. We need you to fix this or explain how to do it.

We are using CSS. There is a LOT of info out there but these two sources may help:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_align.asp

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_positioning.asp

We got it centered on the page in the footer using the following code:

In the CSS style sheet add:

#secureseal {
    position: absolute;
    width: 50px;
    left:calc(50% - 50px/2); /* width divided by 2*/
    }

Then reference that div id on what ever page you want (or footer)

<div id="secureseal">

**godaddy script code**

</div>

That didn't work for me but this did to center it.

#siteseal{width:131px;float:none;margin:0 auto;display:block;}

charminglygeeky
    Employee

Hi @jacksghost,

Coding is not something that we support. You can add the Domain Origination Certified seal anywhere on your website. Remember, it goes inside the body tags (for example: between and ). Have you tried to use the center tag: <center>This text will be center-aligned.</center

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    bigwes
    New

GoDaddy, you failed miserably on this one... WHY would you dictate to me how the seal I paid for behaves? I wish I had read this post before I bought SSL from you.

brig1
    New

I can't even figure out out to get website builder to allow me to enter the code they gave me or my seal. It is html code but website builder doesn't take html code so I have no idea how to insert this seal in the footer. Can you help?