• GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    TheCalamity
    Getting Started

How to reduce the impact of third-party code?

After running multiple speed tests on my page upload times, I have repeatedly seen that third party GoDaddy code is responsible for my lags. Third party scripts/requests from GoDaddy are delaying my actual page loading quickly.  My question is, can I do anything about this?  Is there any way to alter the html to run those scripts last or edit the DNS in some way?  I've run everything through GoDaddy Websites+Marketing and web hosting.  Thanks in advance for anything anyone else has done to reduce the bloat!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Nate
    Super User I

Google PageSpeed Insights doesn't take all factors into account, it shows what may be a problem for you to look into if it actually is.  You don't need to get 100% to perform well.  If you see "third-party" scripts from wsimg.com they are actually "first-party" scripts loading from a CDN, those that affect the rendering of the page actually should load at the same time.  The platform automatically optimizes for above the fold, so what someone would see loads first and then what you'd need to scroll down for loads after.  This concept in scripting makes the site more human friendly, but adds some bloat for the bots.

Anything interactive adds to the amount of scripting to load, so it is a good idea to limit the amount of interactive elements per page and possibly break it out to multiple pages.

It is an option to disable Advanced Tracking, thought that means you wouldn't have access to that information.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/allow-website-visitors-to-set-cookie-and-tracking-preferences-27806 (step 7)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Nate
    Super User I

Google PageSpeed Insights doesn't take all factors into account, it shows what may be a problem for you to look into if it actually is.  You don't need to get 100% to perform well.  If you see "third-party" scripts from wsimg.com they are actually "first-party" scripts loading from a CDN, those that affect the rendering of the page actually should load at the same time.  The platform automatically optimizes for above the fold, so what someone would see loads first and then what you'd need to scroll down for loads after.  This concept in scripting makes the site more human friendly, but adds some bloat for the bots.

Anything interactive adds to the amount of scripting to load, so it is a good idea to limit the amount of interactive elements per page and possibly break it out to multiple pages.

It is an option to disable Advanced Tracking, thought that means you wouldn't have access to that information.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/allow-website-visitors-to-set-cookie-and-tracking-preferences-27806 (step 7)

View solution in original post