Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    jrflat
    New

I paid for domain with Websites + Marketing Starter, now what?

I recently registered a domain and signed up for the websites + marketing starter plan with Godaddy and I am trying to determine what my next step is. It appears I can create a website but it seems like I will have to pay an additional monthly fee for the website. What is my best option to create a simple website for a new podcast? Can I create a publish a website with this starter plan or do I need to pay more? If I need to pay more what is the best option? Use Godaddy or do it through a site like wordpress? I am new to all of this so looking for and help. 

Thank you in advance, 

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User II

@jrflat 

See you didn't get a response yet, so I'll jump in.

Every website is different, right?  So there are no one-size-fits-all answers.

What you want to do is plan out what you want your website to start out as and what you hope it will become.  This way you know what platform will work best for you to grow into.

I'm not a fan of builders, I think they are too limiting and not easy to migrate from when the times comes that you've outgrown that platform.   But here again, depending on your plans W&M may be adequate enough.

If the features you want to have now and plan to grow into are not on the W&M platform, then go with WordPress.  I'm partial to WordPress because you can start as simple as you want and there are no limitations when it comes to addressing growing pains.  GoDaddy also offers Managed WordPress hosting.

You are going to have a monthly fee (unless you pay annually to take advantage of any discounts) so that's not really a concern.  Plus if you are serious about your new project, you don't make decisions on pricing alone.  You get what you pay for with free. 

If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to help further. 😉

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Muse
    Super User II

@jrflat 

See you didn't get a response yet, so I'll jump in.

Every website is different, right?  So there are no one-size-fits-all answers.

What you want to do is plan out what you want your website to start out as and what you hope it will become.  This way you know what platform will work best for you to grow into.

I'm not a fan of builders, I think they are too limiting and not easy to migrate from when the times comes that you've outgrown that platform.   But here again, depending on your plans W&M may be adequate enough.

If the features you want to have now and plan to grow into are not on the W&M platform, then go with WordPress.  I'm partial to WordPress because you can start as simple as you want and there are no limitations when it comes to addressing growing pains.  GoDaddy also offers Managed WordPress hosting.

You are going to have a monthly fee (unless you pay annually to take advantage of any discounts) so that's not really a concern.  Plus if you are serious about your new project, you don't make decisions on pricing alone.  You get what you pay for with free. 

If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to help further. 😉

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post