Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    notmez
    New

I was trying to showing php error msg instead of 500 - Internal server error.

Here's my phpinfo http://espclubs.com/upload/a.php but it still showing at 500 -internal server error. I also try to adding webconfig at the root directory and also try to overwrite .user.ini files that located at root. How can I make the webpage showing php error ?  

6 REPLIES 6
    HarryBrand
    Helper III

Hello @notmez,

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but hopefully this will help you out!

""

500 — Internal Server ErrorThis is a very general error that means there's a problem with the website displaying, but the details aren't readily available. Invalid .htaccess files, or invalid rules in them, commonly cause 500 errors with Linux® hosting accounts. With Windows®, it's most commonly invalid requests through a web.config file.To find out what causes the issue:

• Linux — Review your Apache® error logs.
    • Windows — Enable detailed errors in your web.config file using the following code:
    <configuration>
       <system.webServer>
          <httpErrors errorMode="Detailed"/>
       </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

""

This was found at the link below which has more information:

https://godaddy.com/help/common-web-page-errors-2505

I hope this helps,

Feel free to ask any other questions!

Harry Brand - Here to help out the community

Sorry I think u misunderstood what I mean, i wish to set the web server point out my syntax error on such as javascript,php rather than 500- internal server error 

I had what I think is the same problem  - I tried to set a custom php page for 404 errors in the htaccess file but when I tested it by typing in a page I know is not on the site I got a 500 series error - not sure why this is?

any help would be appreciated.

Hello @xanitos-craig!

Welcome to the community! To help everyone understand what's going on, can you provide some additional information? Maybe the scripting you used, the URL, hosting plan operating system, etc.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi Heather -

Thanks but I figured out the issue - I think I may have inadvertently posted it on the wrong thread...I looked at so many.  But in my case, as I explained above, i was using ErrorDocument in the .htaccess file for the 404 redirect but it turns out the installed version of Apache does not support ErrorDocument so I used rewrite to do a redirect (see code below)

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule .* xanitos-404.php [L]

So now, with this code in .htaccess if someone accesses a page that was on the old website but not on the new website it redirects to xanitos-404.php.

All good now, thanks for the inquiry.

Regards,

Craig

@xanitos-craig

Happy to hear you were able to work this out, Craig! Thank you for posting the fix so others can benefit.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support