cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    johnnymargo
    Helper II

Instructions for Websites + Marketing Standard

I bulit 2 web sites usiny Website Builder. Also I redid, added, modified the existing websites more than once. I used all my own images, logo, text, etc. Now I am forced to rebuild a website using "Websites + Marketing Standard" and cannot even get started. WHY??? I wish to use much of the existing information from the website. Therefore it will be largely a copy and drag plus upload of pdf, jpeg, png and other files.

I ask for instructions which for some reasons I cannot find. Your help will be much appreciated. I do not wish to lose my existing website on the web.

Thank you. 

johnnymargo
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    TLH

Hi @johnnymargo,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you may have been building on the older website builder - GoCentral. If I understand you correctly, you want to move the content to our newer Websites+Marketing plan. As @Nate  stated, the plans are built quite differently, but you can copy the text from the old plan and copy it into the areas where appropriate. You'll need to upload the photos you're using into the new plan as well. I'm providing general instructions areas for each version of the builders. 

GoCentral (Older plan)

Websites+Marketing (Newer plan)

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Nate
    Super User II

The platforms use different methods of laying out the content that are not compatible so it would be a matter of copying and pasting as well as uploading images etc.

TLH

Hi @johnnymargo,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you may have been building on the older website builder - GoCentral. If I understand you correctly, you want to move the content to our newer Websites+Marketing plan. As @Nate  stated, the plans are built quite differently, but you can copy the text from the old plan and copy it into the areas where appropriate. You'll need to upload the photos you're using into the new plan as well. I'm providing general instructions areas for each version of the builders. 

GoCentral (Older plan)

Websites+Marketing (Newer plan)

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

johnnymargo
    Helper II

Thank you for the instructions and assistance. I will now dedicate time starting May 10 to follow sent instructions. As I understand I cab copy the text from existing web site and paste in new. Also I can copy all jpeg, png, pdf, etc. files and paste.

Will advise of progress. Appreciate your assistance to this "old dog" to learn again.

johnnymargo