Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Charm222
    New

MS EXPRESSION WEB HELP, PLEASE...

I've been building my websites with FrontPage and Expression Web for years now, and all of a sudden, I can't get my Expression Web to publish using my Go Daddy account.  Anyone else having this problem?

I've tried to get help from Go Daddy, but they're either not knowledgeable enough about Expression Web or they just don't like that I'm using it.  They're never able to help me. 

I'd try their Website Builder, but I can't afford it.  I have like 5 websites with well over the 5-page limit that you're allowed free through Go Daddy.  If I can't use Expression anymore, does anyone have any suggestions on how a "dummy" can build a website and get it published.  My websites are going to waste because I can't publish to them.

Thanks so much!

Charm222

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User II

@Charm222

I would think with the correct FTP settings entered into Expression Web you should be able to upload.  I would double-check that those settings are current -- I've experienced GoDaddy settings changing without notice myself.

Or, you could try FTPing the files up to the server.   I use Filezilla.  Here again you would input the correct FTP settings and upload your files.

GoCentral is great for "dummies" -- it caters to the fact that most folks don't know code and still want a website.  

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Muse
    Super User II

@Charm222

I would think with the correct FTP settings entered into Expression Web you should be able to upload.  I would double-check that those settings are current -- I've experienced GoDaddy settings changing without notice myself.

Or, you could try FTPing the files up to the server.   I use Filezilla.  Here again you would input the correct FTP settings and upload your files.

GoCentral is great for "dummies" -- it caters to the fact that most folks don't know code and still want a website.  

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post