• GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    PaulM2
    New

Maintaining website content indefinitely that was created by Website Builder

I received an email saying that we need to migrate our website from Website Builder to Websites + Marketing.

Our site is mostly a historical archive, and hasn't been updated in something like 8 years.  We're happy to keep it hosted as-is. 

I attempted a migration, with disappointing results.  The look and feel was completely different, and none of our content migrated.

So can we simply do nothing, and retain the current published content?  I understand that if we ever want to change anything, we'd likely have to start over, and that's fine.  I doubt we'll ever change it, but we would like to keep the current site active.

Do you see any possibility for our current published content going away, if the Website Builder tool is removed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Nate
    Super User I

Unfortunately the website is not portable, it's part of the website builder.  Eventually when the builder goes away the website will too.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Nate
    Super User I

Unfortunately the website is not portable, it's part of the website builder.  Eventually when the builder goes away the website will too.

View solution in original post