cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Mr_Audio
    Helper I

Missing value [link] in Ecommerce Marketplace Feed to Google Shopping

Has anyone see this? Everything I publish to google is flagged with the Missing Value [Link] error.

missing link.png

Contacting Google Merchant help support they inform me its an issue with the Godaddy Feed.

Regarding your query related yo the link attribute, I gather that you products have multiple variants, however the link of the product specific page is entered in the feed, since you are using Content API feed, the feed data is redirected by the third party feed provider. Hence we cannot troubleshoot why the link attribute is not updated on the feed. We can only find that the link attribute data is missing from all the items in the product feed. 

I would suggest you to get in touch feed aggregator (godaddy ecommerce store) support, to find why the product feed is missing the link attribute. 

Reply #2 from Google.

Regarding your query for the disapproval of the products for missing link. I would like to mention that all 18 items are disapproved for missing link. When users click your ad, they’re sent to a landing page on your website for the advertised product. Set the URL for this landing page with the link attribute. Following is an example.

Title: Aiwa MX-D9 MX-D909 GE-D9 Cable (10ft)
    Item ID: MX-D9 GEQ 10FT

The link attribute for this product shall have the link attribute with following URL:  

I would like to inform you that in order to make your shopping ads serve through Google Ads, the feed needs to have link attribute for each of the item. when the user clicks on your ad, they are redirected directly to the product specific landing page. 

As per policy each product should be updated with the link attribute, which consist of URL for the same product´s landing page. Hence I would advice you to re-upload the feed with specific product URL, by using the link attribute.

I've looked all over the Store/Products and all through the Marketplace and listing tabs but I can't find where this data need to be entered at.   With it being tied to the url link of the product I would think this would be hard coded in the feed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    bnolan
    Product Team

@Mr_Audio As mentioned above, we only support Shopping Actions, so your products that get published from W+M are good to go. You'll only get that error if your Google account is also configured for Shopping Ads, and since we don't support that we are not sending the link with the product data. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
    TLH

Hi @Mr_Audio,

Welcome to the Community!

You can review the Websites +Marketing marketplace connections in this article. The GoDaddy builder integrates with five marketplaces - though Google is not listed among them. It's for this reason that the GoDaddy customer support staff will not be likely to have much information or support. Your connection with Google will be a third-party issue, one that is not supported or having documentation/tutorials available. 

If Google is willing to provide or help with any additional html, or coding needed, it's up to the customer to manage that independent use. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

@TLH Thanks for the reply, I think the article that you linked to is now out of date.  There isn't a published date at the top of the article so it makes it a little hard to tell.  But now when to you to add a new market place inside of the Website+Marketing marketplace Google Shopping Actions shows up as an option.

Mr_Audio_1-1583071085387.png

When adding this connection it ask for all of the needed information and will make a connection to google.  You can then publish your data out.  Minus that missing value [link]

Godaddy is using Sellbrite technology on the backend of the marketplace to make all of these connections,and they have even published an article on how to connect to Google Shopping. Here is that link

I find it hard to believe that I am the only person trying to connect Google Shopping Actions to the Websites+Marketing ecommerce platform. 

bnolan
    Product Team

@Mr_Audio The link attribute is only used for Google Shopping Ads, where the user clicks the ad and is redirected to your website. GoDaddy only supports Google Shopping Actions, where the transaction happens directly on Google and the user is not redirected to your website. 

We are looking into this further to see why you are getting this error. It might be a configuration issue on your Google Merchant Center, but we're not sure yet. We'll follow up here once we know more.

bnolan
    Product Team

@Mr_Audio Can you let us know if you are changing anything for the products directly on Google Merchant Center? Or did you get this error as soon as you published them from Websites + Marketing?

bnolan
    Product Team

@Mr_Audio As mentioned above, we only support Shopping Actions, so your products that get published from W+M are good to go. You'll only get that error if your Google account is also configured for Shopping Ads, and since we don't support that we are not sending the link with the product data. 

View solution in original post

@bnolan, Thanks for the reply and the clarification. 

Yes, I am trying to publish the information out to Google Merchant center not Shopping Actions.  Just like I had my old quick shopping cart linked to.   You hit the nail on the head 100%!!  I had suspected that the link was missing from the feed.   I have actually found a work around to get the missing link satisfied.  Its a little bit of a manual process but I have 80+ products happily listed in Google Merchant center now. 

Having never used Shopping Actions and only used Google Merchant center and Google Ads I just assumed they were the same.  So thanks for the clarification.  Shopping Actions lets you buy there, where Google Merchant center needs that missing link to link the customer back to your website to make the purchase. 

In reply to your question, I am receiving the error as soon as I published.