Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    BLOU
    New

Must I purchase an email account for Etsy shop to be linked to domain name???

I just purchased my domain and would like to link my Etsy shop. What type of email must I have here to successfully link my domain name to my Etsy shop?  An Email Marketing Account?  How and where do I set that up?  Not interested in using any email thru godaddy but looks like I must?  Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    JMPepper
    Advocate VII

Hi @BLOU ,

I think "Must" is a strong word here.  The technical answer is no you do not need one.  At Etsy, there is a complete guide on setting up email delivery.  That particular aspect is not GoDaddy dependent.

However, it is in your best interest as a professional business to use your domain name with your business.  You can certainly do this by aliasing an gmail account, but I don't recommend it.  I prefer to have business email communications secured and archived on my domain-related server.  

With a professional email plan of some sort you can manage routing much easier as your business grows.  Do not cut corners on your email by "just using free stuff."   Managing a bunch of free stuff accounts is a business nightmare.  

Note you can use something like g-suite, works fine.  I use the GoDaddy/Outlook and The Workspace Email (love it for small business!)

A professional domain-associated is worth every penny.  

IMHO,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    JMPepper
    Advocate VII

Hi @BLOU ,

I think "Must" is a strong word here.  The technical answer is no you do not need one.  At Etsy, there is a complete guide on setting up email delivery.  That particular aspect is not GoDaddy dependent.

However, it is in your best interest as a professional business to use your domain name with your business.  You can certainly do this by aliasing an gmail account, but I don't recommend it.  I prefer to have business email communications secured and archived on my domain-related server.  

With a professional email plan of some sort you can manage routing much easier as your business grows.  Do not cut corners on your email by "just using free stuff."   Managing a bunch of free stuff accounts is a business nightmare.  

Note you can use something like g-suite, works fine.  I use the GoDaddy/Outlook and The Workspace Email (love it for small business!)

A professional domain-associated is worth every penny.  

IMHO,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

View solution in original post