Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

My comment section on my blog does not display - comments visitors can just comment?

My comment section on my blog does not display comments. Is there a way to change it so visitors can just comment without having to sign in?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    PL281
    Super User IV

@janicelupo 

Generally speaking the answer is no. I would also tell you that this is standard practice across blogs to prevent spamming / security on blogs.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

You don't really want anyone on the internet to be able directly comment on your blog @janicelupo? You probably need to register those who comment and moderate the comments that display on your blog? I don't see that having the requirement to register before users can comment as a bug, that's a feature.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

2 REPLIES 2
    PL281
    Super User IV

@janicelupo 

Generally speaking the answer is no. I would also tell you that this is standard practice across blogs to prevent spamming / security on blogs.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

You don't really want anyone on the internet to be able directly comment on your blog @janicelupo? You probably need to register those who comment and moderate the comments that display on your blog? I don't see that having the requirement to register before users can comment as a bug, that's a feature.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head