Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    AdvFitSolutions
    Getting Started

Online Store - Limited Currency Options

I recently signed on a trial for the GoDaddy Online Store and generally pretty happy to see the simplicity of the back office and getting everything setup.

However the only problem I have is the limited choices of default currencies being offered. You don't match the available currency options offered through PayPal and Stripe. We needed HKD (Hong Kong Dollars) as our default currency and even though both PayPal and Stripe works with HKD we can't select it for our product pricing.

I hope this is a temporary oversight and that you can implement this quite easily so the solution can benefit all sellers that require other currency options that PayPal & Stripe can process.
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    CG

Hey @AdvFitSolutions,

Thanks for taking the time to become part of the community! Looking forward to discussions we'll have here! Smiley Happy

As of right now, there are limited currency options available within the Online Store. However, our developers are working to add more options in future updates. I'll pass along your feedback to be sure these plans are including HKD. 

As for a implementing this as a default option in the meantime, I'm not aware of any workarounds that can accomplish this. Perhaps another member who has found a workaround will be willing to share their temporary solution? Otherwise, we'd love to hear more feedback from other members on what type of currency options you're most interested in offering in your stores. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
    CG

Hey @AdvFitSolutions,

Thanks for taking the time to become part of the community! Looking forward to discussions we'll have here! Smiley Happy

As of right now, there are limited currency options available within the Online Store. However, our developers are working to add more options in future updates. I'll pass along your feedback to be sure these plans are including HKD. 

As for a implementing this as a default option in the meantime, I'm not aware of any workarounds that can accomplish this. Perhaps another member who has found a workaround will be willing to share their temporary solution? Otherwise, we'd love to hear more feedback from other members on what type of currency options you're most interested in offering in your stores. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Yes I also have this same problem after wasting so many long hours and hiring someone to do my online store to find out that the currency is limited it is frustrating to me what are you all going to do about it

I agree one should not have to spend hours working on your website only to find out there are more limitations then you were aware of.

Harry 

Hello @GenericUserID,

I'm sorry that the currency you need is not present within Online Store. As CG said, what we can do is pass your concern along to those who make all the updates to the Online Store. We appreciate you reaching out to let us know how we can improve Online Store. Thank you!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

I just registered with GoDaddy and am shocked to see that there is this currency issue. It is such an easily solved issue but people are still suffering from this since June! I am quite concerned now as I registered as an online store to sell in KWD - any other currency is absolutely unacceptable - I need to know if there is a quick solution to this or not - otherwise I need to know how to cancel my registration with GoDaddy as I am not willing to waste months for your to try to add currencies. It would save a lot of time and energy if you could simply add all currencies and countries in the drop down list just as you had included so in the payment method, otherwise you should have just included the countries you have in your drop down list before we process a purchase through your website. I hope you can really help with this as your website seems very user friendly.

Thanks

Same issue I need East Caribbean (XCD) for my business and it is not available. If this can't be resolved I also will have to take my business elsewhere.

Hello,

We have the same problem, we need Hungarian Forint (HUF) and any other currency is not good for us, so please let me know if there is any hope to solve this issue, or we have to leave Godaddy?

Thanks, we are waiting for the answers!

Naderco
    New

Dear GoDaddy this is a must, and since it seems you are not converting any currency, so there is no real work on your servers, adding an International Currencies abbreviations should be easy to do.

JerryBKK
    New

Had the same problem, no Thai Baht listed, was advised by GoDaddy to use other currency.......pfffff....most ridiculous advise ever heard! Problem is that GoDaddy offers nice and workable templates, easy to manage etc. however not able to solve the currency problem. In the meantime I started to work with Wix since they don't have this currency problem. I really wanted all my sites under one roof, but unfortunately GoDaddy forced me to shop around....

Hello,

We built a form using gravity forms on word press (go Daddy). By defualt, the currency INR (indian rupees) is not there with gravity forms. I added the currency INR in the functions.php file. Now the currency is displaying and I set to default.

While entering the cost in forms, the INR (or its symbol) is not displaying properly. Further, when I send the currency value to our payment gateway, it is not sending correct value. How can I correct this issue?

Thanks and regards,
    Chiru

ya this is not good nether professional after we waste time and money we i can not find Egyptian pound currency i think i will stop using GoDaddy   and find more professional host to work with 

tansuakar
    New

Someone opened the same topic in June, 2016; complaning about limited currency options.. What have you guys been doing since then, sleeping? I only have 9 currency options. This is not global at all. Meanwhile, some of your rivals are supporting 90 different currencies. I need Thai Baht and Turkish Lira, or I will have to switch to another platform after all the effort and money I put to my website. It shouldn't be rocket science to add some more currencies, I guess.

HAYTHAM2
    New

how can I change the currency for my online store to

Saudi riyal  SAR

need to do that

thanks