Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Online store outside the US

I currently have a basic Website Builder subscription to GoDaddy - no e-commerce options.  I'm reluctant to upgrade to the e-commerce package until I know it will be suitable. All the help notes address issues (shipping, tax etc.) for US sellers.  Can I set up a store on my UK-based website which will have the correct shipping/tax options for selling to UK or Europe purchasers?  If not, it seems like a waste for me to upgrade my subscription.  Advice welcomed.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello again @KernowSteve !

I understand your concern and appreciate the feedback of providing non-US based guides as you are starting off using the builder.

There is a way to ship your orders by connecting to your local carrier through Shippo. (Source: Ship my orders.) Shippo does have access to global carriers and their site provides the list. I believe Shippo offers UK regional carriers Hermes and Parcel Force additional to FedEx, UPS, and DHL.

I was helping another user previously who is using the builder who is shipping orders that is based from Canada which might be helpful, there may be similarities in the steps to take since you are not US-based. (Source: GoDaddy Community Post.)

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    SG4101
    Employee

Hello @KernowSteve and thank you for being a part of the Community!

With the eCommerce plan, you can set up taxes by country or region. You can add additional tax rates as needed.

The basic shipping methods are available to use such as Free Shipping, Flat Rate Per Order, and Weight-based. When setting up your shipping, you would choose the region you are shipping from. 

I hope this helps answer some questions, please feel free to ask more 😁.

Thanks for the information. I followed the link to "setting up your
    shipping", which I already had found myself. I guess what I was really
    asking was whether the local weight-based shipping options would be
    automatically built into a webpage for me as I used the editor, or whether I
    needed to obtain the information from our local postal service first, and
    then fill it in manually. It's not a deal breaker, but I am still trying to
    get familiar with using the website builder, and some additional non-US
    examples in the help pages would have been useful.

Thanks again.

Stephen Adams

Qualified Patent Information Professional

(QPIP Registration No. 20190044100092)

Magister Ltd.

Business address: 58 Century Close, St. Austell, Cornwall, PL25 3UY, GB

Tel: +44 (0)7501 918457

E-mail: stephen.adams _at_ magister.co.uk (replace _at_ by @ to use)

Magister Ltd. is a company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales
    (registered number 3407685) having its registered office at 58 Century
    Close, St. Austell, Cornwall, PL25 3UY.

Hello again @KernowSteve !

I understand your concern and appreciate the feedback of providing non-US based guides as you are starting off using the builder.

There is a way to ship your orders by connecting to your local carrier through Shippo. (Source: Ship my orders.) Shippo does have access to global carriers and their site provides the list. I believe Shippo offers UK regional carriers Hermes and Parcel Force additional to FedEx, UPS, and DHL.

I was helping another user previously who is using the builder who is shipping orders that is based from Canada which might be helpful, there may be similarities in the steps to take since you are not US-based. (Source: GoDaddy Community Post.)

View solution in original post