Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Open Graph URL Loop causing problems

I use Alexa.com to audit my website. They have been unable to perform that audit for a few months. I emailed them and this is what they said the issue is:

"Your recent site Audit failed because your site is returning a redirect loop to our crawler. The redirect is caused by a bad Open Graph URL on your pages. For example, your site's homepage (www.bronzelook.com) redirects to a home.html page (www.bronzelook.com/home.html). The www.bronzelook.com/home.html page has an open graph redirect back to http://bronzelook.com/home.html; which has a 301 permanent redirect back to http://www.bronzelook.com/home.html. This leads to the loop."

Help, please!

Jimm

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @BRONZELOOK. Thanks for sharing this issue. I saw your previous post and started looking into this, but hadn't had a chance to get back to you. I removed the other post since there's no need to have more than one and this post is in a better forum board. 

As for the issue, I was able to duplicate this in a test account (Website Builder V7). I passed this along to our developers and there is a ticket open for it now. That means that they will look at the issue and decide when they will fix it based on other issues that may also need to be addressed. If I find out more information, I will let you know. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @BRONZELOOK. This issue should be fixed now. You will need to republish your website to see the changes. Sorry for the wait! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

6 REPLIES 6
    JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @BRONZELOOK. Thanks for sharing this issue. I saw your previous post and started looking into this, but hadn't had a chance to get back to you. I removed the other post since there's no need to have more than one and this post is in a better forum board. 

As for the issue, I was able to duplicate this in a test account (Website Builder V7). I passed this along to our developers and there is a ticket open for it now. That means that they will look at the issue and decide when they will fix it based on other issues that may also need to be addressed. If I find out more information, I will let you know. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Thanks @JesseW!

Hi @JesseW, is there a way I can check on the ticket to see if it has been fixed? I am paying Alexa.com sixty dollars a month and they cannot run their audit due to this Open Graph Loop. 

Thanks

JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @BRONZELOOK. Unfortunately this issue has not yet been fixed. I will let you know if I hear any updates. Sorry 🙁

JesseW
    Community Manager

Hey @BRONZELOOKI believe this issue has been fixed now. You may need to republish your site to see the update. I tested the issue using a test site and the Facebook Debugger tool and am no longer seeing an OG:URL tag without www in it. 

Sorry. It looks like this is still in development. I retested and I'm still seeing the issue. Sorry for any confusion. I'll keep you posted. 

JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @BRONZELOOK. This issue should be fixed now. You will need to republish your website to see the changes. Sorry for the wait!