cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    abbylo
    New

Order Numbers in Websites + Marketing eCommerce

We switched from GoDaddy's Deluxe Shopping Cart to a Websites + Marketing eCommerce site. It looks way better, is easier to navigate and update, and has a lot of pros.

However, order numbers are not in any particular order. For example, our first customer's order on this new platform is #R703836105, and the second one is #R218582585. There is no rhyme or reason, and it makes it difficult to organize in separate spreadsheets, etc.

Is there a way to change this and start back at say #1001 to continue to #1002, etc. like in the old program?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That makes sense.  We will consider this order number change request in our future roadmap.  In the meantime, what I was suggesting is adding another two columns in your spreadsheet, order date and order time.  When you download the orders, it provides these two additional pieces of information.  You can simply add this to your spreadsheet and sort by date and time to get the chronological order the orders came in.  It's not exactly what you want, but let me know if this might work for you.  

Alvin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    AlvinY
    Product Team

Hi @abbylo ,  I am one of the product managers for the Websites + Marketing Ecommerce website and wanted to thank you for the question.  To help me better understand, can you share what type of organizing or how you are using the order numbers in your separate spreadsheets?

If you are trying to sort by the order the orders came in, have you tried using the Order Date and Time column?  You can get this data by downloading your Orders from the Orders list page.

Alvin

@AlvinY The products are registrations for events, and options (such as registration for main event plus smaller pre- or post-event).

The spreadsheet then has the name, registration type, additional events, etc., as well as payment method, and invoice number for easy reference in case there's confusion (i.e., someone thinks they paid for an additional event but I don't have that in the spreadsheet, so I can look up the invoice number and confirm if I made a mistake or not).

I can always copy and paste the long invoice number, however, it is hard to keep things in order in my spreadsheet, since I could very easily have multiple registrations on the same day.

Downloading the orders does not provide the formatting necessary, since sometimes someone might register and pay in one order, and then register for an additional event in a separate order. This all can get quite confusing when there is not numeric order to the order numbers.

That makes sense.  We will consider this order number change request in our future roadmap.  In the meantime, what I was suggesting is adding another two columns in your spreadsheet, order date and order time.  When you download the orders, it provides these two additional pieces of information.  You can simply add this to your spreadsheet and sort by date and time to get the chronological order the orders came in.  It's not exactly what you want, but let me know if this might work for you.  

Alvin

View solution in original post