Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    danparkerla
    Getting Started

Possible to use a test credit card with Stripe integration?

I've connected my website to stripe and everything is working, but is there a way I can use the test API keys? Or to put the website in test mode so I can test credit card purchases with 4242 4242 4242 4242 ? I know shopify has this setting, I didn't see the same options here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you have limited administrative ability I unfortunately don't think you can complete all tasks? You should contact the person/company that configured your payment solution @danparkerla.
    ...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Stripe also has defined test credit card numbers but you will need to enter into test mode to use them @danparkerla. You can read more in the Stripe Docs - Testing section. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

danparkerla
    Getting Started

The problem is that I don't know how to connect the API keys. I connected with Settings->payment and even if i disconnect and try to reconnect, it automatically connects me. Is there a place I can put the API keys? Maybe I'm missing something how to clear the current connection

The documentation had those answers as well @danparkerla. Check out Stripe Docs - API > Keys.

danparkerla
    Getting Started

Maybe because I don't have admin access, I didn't setup the connection. Does it ask you for API keys to make the connection. Then just use the test API keys?

If you have limited administrative ability I unfortunately don't think you can complete all tasks? You should contact the person/company that configured your payment solution @danparkerla.

View solution in original post