Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    norstar
    New

Private website pages

I am new to GoDaddy and would like to add a private website page.  My current plan 'standard' does not allow me to add a private page or add members.  What plan level is required to enable these features?  Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    TLH

Hi @norstarm,

Welcome to the Community!

If your current plan is at the Standard tier, you can still create and manage private pages on the website. These instructions will help you set them up. Look for the links within the article. Once you have private pages, you can add members to the website to determine who sees them. You don't need to upgrade to a new plan to take these actions. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

Hi @norstar

It appears you may have an older version of the website builder (not the Websites+Marketing plan). If so, it's an older plan that is supported, but no longer sold. While I don't believe you can create private pages with the earlier plans, I'm including a set of instructions here that may better replicate what you're seeing in the editor. If you can't, you may consider creating a page, but not including it in the navigation. Then you could provide the actual URL to that page (yourdomain.com/private-page), to those you want to allow to view.

3 REPLIES 3
    TLH

Hi @norstarm,

Welcome to the Community!

If your current plan is at the Standard tier, you can still create and manage private pages on the website. These instructions will help you set them up. Look for the links within the article. Once you have private pages, you can add members to the website to determine who sees them. You don't need to upgrade to a new plan to take these actions. 

Thank you for the prompt response @TLH, I appreciate it.

When I follow your link my window does not match the image in the link.  I do not get a 'private pages' drop down. Thoughts?

Add page 1.png

Hi @norstar

It appears you may have an older version of the website builder (not the Websites+Marketing plan). If so, it's an older plan that is supported, but no longer sold. While I don't believe you can create private pages with the earlier plans, I'm including a set of instructions here that may better replicate what you're seeing in the editor. If you can't, you may consider creating a page, but not including it in the navigation. Then you could provide the actual URL to that page (yourdomain.com/private-page), to those you want to allow to view.