Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    ranasuzan
    Getting Started

Replacing the basic newsletter section with a form created via godaddy Email Marketing Tools

Hi, 

I created this subscription form to make my subscription journey look more professional:

https://gem.godaddy.com/signups/9fd4177546524fe59fc4f324dd474a77/join

However, the website builder won't let this publish on my website and instead will force me into the basic newsletter section add-on that only collects the email address from the subscriber with not much to customise in terms of the post-subscriotion journey (validation, confirmation, landing page flexibility etc.).

There must be a way of embedding godaddy's newsletter form to its own website builder. 

2 REPLIES 2
    jpablo
    Helper VI

Hi @ranasuzan, welcome to the community! 🙂

I don't think you can replace the form, since in their guide to change the form, they never mention you replace to a custom form (GoDaddy marketing tools).

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
    And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

This is very inconvenient. I can generate a landing page, a verification landing page and a form with a valid URL only to see that I can't use it on my Godaddy e-commerce website. 

The problem with the basic newsletter content type is that it is not GDPR-friendly. It will simply register whatever email's put in it without triggering further verification process.