Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    CM
    New

SSL Certificate issued but not seeing it installed on IIS 7.5

Hi,

am facing certificate installation issue on IIS 7.5 with windows 2008 server.

after completing following steps. the Certificate is dissapear from Server Certificate.

1. From the Start menu, click Run....
    2. Type mmc, and then click OK. The Microsoft Management Console (Console) window opens.
    3. In the Console window, click the File menu and select Add/Remove Snap-in. The Add or Remove Snap-ins window displays.
    4. Select Certificates, and then click Add.
    5. Select Computer Account, and then click Next.
    6. Select Local Computer, and then click Finish.
    7. Click OK.
    8. In the Console window, expand the Certificates folder on the left.
    9. Right-click Intermediate Certification Authorities, mouse-over All Tasks, then click Import.
    10. In the Certificate Import Wizard, click Next.
    11. Click Browse to find the intermediate certificate file.
    12. Change the file extension filter to PKCS #7 Certificates (*.spc;*.p7b), select the *_iis_intermediates.p7b file, and then click Open.
    13. Click Next.
    14. Select Place all certificates in the following store.
    15. Click Browse, select Intermediate Certification Authorities, and then click Next.
    16. Click Finish.
    17. Close the Console window.
    18. From the Start menu, go to Administrative Tools and click Internet Services Manager.
    19. Click the server name on the left.
    20. Double click Server Certificates.
    21. From the Actions panel on the right, click Complete Certificate Request...
    22. Enter the location for the certificate file. The file extension might be .txt or .crt instead of .cer (search for all files).
    23. Enter a Friendly name for the certificate file, and then click OK.
    24. In the Internet Information Services Manager window, select the name of the server where you installed the certificate.
    25. Under Sites, select the site to be secured with the SSL certificate.
    26. In the Actions panel on the right, click Bindings...
    27. Click Add...
    28. In Add Site Binding:
      • For Type, select https.
      • For IP address, select All Unassigned, or the IP address of the site.
      • *****  IN THIS STEP NO CERTIFICATE FOUND *****
      • ALSO CHECK ON STEP 20 AND 21 THERE IS NO CERTIFICATE..

4 REPLIES 4
    GaryA

Hi @CM, thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your SSL. Based on what you described, I'm not sure what might be causing the SSL to disappear after you install it. You may want to contact your hosting provider for assistance. If this is a server through GoDaddy, I suggest contacting Support so they can review your server in detail with you. Support can be reached through any of the numbers on this page:

https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status
    fnoller
    New

I'm facing the exact same issue. Do you still have this issue? If not how did you fix it?

NHAdmin
    New

Exact same issue, I Complete the Certificate Request, it says Complete, it is visible on the list until I refresh the list, it just disappear.

Any Solution?

Ok, this was my solution:

Install the certificate "Intermediate Certification Authorities" and then export the private key (.pfx) (right click on the cert-> all task-> export), then, instead of using "complete certificate process", just  use "import" and import the key (.pfx) and it will be available in the dropdown of your website.