• GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Share to Pinterest on individual blog posts

I'm seeing options to share to Facebook and Twitter on individual blog posts but no option for Pinterest. Have I somehow missed the setting for this or is the option not available on Website Builder blogs? If not, why not? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sldavies,

We've shared your recommendation/request with our developer team for Websites+Marketing.

However, if you have a Pinterest account, this work-around may be easy for you for now, and provide a way for visitors to find you on Pinterest. In addition, placing the Pinterest icon on your website in an adjacent section to your blog, would direct them to your Pinterest pages to see the saved blogs. The customer could not share from your GoDaddy website page (we understand that's what you're looking for), but can be directed to the Pinterest page where you have collected your posts for viewing. Which of course, enables them to save them to their own boards.

1. First, get the browser app for Pinterest, so it's active at the end of your address bar.

2. Make sure you have an account at Pinterest with a public board suitable to the subject of your blog.

3. When you visit the blog page of your website, you can click on the Pinterest icon and save your blog page to that board.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User 2020

@sldavies 

I'm not seeing a way other than manually posting it, which seems to work fine.

GoDaddy's Website Builder is built to be a really simple solution and it's proprietary to GoDaddy. It's really not built to be a one-size-fits everyone solution. It's built to be an oh-my-goodness-I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing solution. Simple, easy, but limited.

If you need something more specific, there are a lot of options out there - WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and a ton of other CMS you can self-host with GoDaddy.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@MrVapor 

Yes, it's fine for me, since it's my content and I'm willing to put in the effort. However, I was looking for an easier way for our readers to share our content on Pinterest. Since there are buttons for Twitter and Facebook, I was wondering why not Pinterest or other social medial platforms. 

@sldavies 

I'm guessing the answer is fairly simple. Facebook and Twitter have the most market share.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@MrVapor  Perhaps, but since my business is graphics-based, a Pinterest button would be most helpful. 

Does anyone know where I might request this option or seek help in adding in?  TIA

Hi @sldavies,

We've shared your recommendation/request with our developer team for Websites+Marketing.

However, if you have a Pinterest account, this work-around may be easy for you for now, and provide a way for visitors to find you on Pinterest. In addition, placing the Pinterest icon on your website in an adjacent section to your blog, would direct them to your Pinterest pages to see the saved blogs. The customer could not share from your GoDaddy website page (we understand that's what you're looking for), but can be directed to the Pinterest page where you have collected your posts for viewing. Which of course, enables them to save them to their own boards.

1. First, get the browser app for Pinterest, so it's active at the end of your address bar.

2. Make sure you have an account at Pinterest with a public board suitable to the subject of your blog.

3. When you visit the blog page of your website, you can click on the Pinterest icon and save your blog page to that board.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post