Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    cstone94
    New

Shipping Settings vs. Product Shipping Settings Different

So, on all of my products, I charge a flat rate $3.99 shipping fee.

I noticed that GoDaddy added the option to charge a flat rate for the overall order, no matter the quantity. I added a flat rate shipping charge of $5 but when I tested it by checking out 1 product, it used the $3.99 that is in product settings. I then increased the quantity of my line item to 2, and it made shipping $7.98, as I thought it would, but I'd like it to still be $5.

Do I need to go through and just delete all of the shipment settings on each individual product to make the store use the main shipping settings?

Thanks,

Carson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HOLY COW! I've just resolved this. Got a great guy at customer service who explained that in order to default to your shipping method, not the product set-up, you have to select in the product set-up the button that says "Calculate for me using my shipping method". I didn't select this previously because it looked like you have to ship based on weight or dimensions, which I did not want to do. The rep said that is OPTIONAL! Just select the button and IGNORE THE REST and it will set it up based on the shipping methods you defined. NO WEIGHT OR DIMENSIONS ARE REQUIRED! Well, who would have guessed that??? Just glad to find a solution. I'm doing the happy dance!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    JesseW
    Community Manager

Hi @cstone94. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Individual product options will always override store options. You would need to remove the option you've already set for each product before the store option would apply. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

This can't be right GoDaddy. If the setting in the product overrides the setting in shipping, NO shipping methods would work. If you set free shipping, in the product, but specify free shipping when a minimum is met in the shipping settings, the product setting would override anyway. Or, if you set a dollar amount in the product, and it overrides the shipping setting, then what would be the point of having all the setup options in shipping at all? Same would apply to Flat Rate setup and setups based on size or weight. If the product setup always overrides, nothing would work right.

GoDaddy--The setting in the product should NOT override the shipping setup. That's bass-ackwards. That's just a shipping surcharge then, not a shipping method. SURELY, the developers didn't intent that or they would not have all these different shipping setup options for us to use.

GoDaddy, if you still believe that's how it works, then tell me what would a person put in the PRODUCT setting that allows the shipping method to work? Whether you are using flat rate or free shipping over a certain dollar amount, what are you suppose to put in the product setting to achieve that???

HOLY COW! I've just resolved this. Got a great guy at customer service who explained that in order to default to your shipping method, not the product set-up, you have to select in the product set-up the button that says "Calculate for me using my shipping method". I didn't select this previously because it looked like you have to ship based on weight or dimensions, which I did not want to do. The rep said that is OPTIONAL! Just select the button and IGNORE THE REST and it will set it up based on the shipping methods you defined. NO WEIGHT OR DIMENSIONS ARE REQUIRED! Well, who would have guessed that??? Just glad to find a solution. I'm doing the happy dance!

View solution in original post