Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Shipping more than 1 quantity

Hello.  I have a single sku in my store.  I have the weight and dimensions set up for 1 unit and it calculates shipping based on that for USPS and UPS.  My issue is when I want to increase the quantity.  The shipping shoots up significantly.  The box size is the same for 1-4 units and the weight only increases by 0.58 lbs for every extra unit.

Does anyone know how to fix that for more than a quantity of 1?  I guess what I need is to just increase the weight for 2,3,4 etc. but I'm not sure how.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    FiltersOnline
    Resolver I

When you configure your UPS integration, at the bottom of the list it gives you an option to select whether products ship together or separately. If you select "multiple products ship in the same box" it should add up the weights and apply that to one box. I don't think there is a way to tell it to create a second box if the order quantity is over 4 though, so you may want to mark up your UPS rates a bit if you expect to regularly have orders over a quantity of 4. 

Shipping Boxes
    Rate Method:

[  ]  Each product ships in a separate box OR

[  ] Multiple products ship in the same box

Currently the USPS integration doesn't have the option to specify, unfortunately, which makes it unusable for me, since I can't consolidate my products. 

Hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    FiltersOnline
    Resolver I

When you configure your UPS integration, at the bottom of the list it gives you an option to select whether products ship together or separately. If you select "multiple products ship in the same box" it should add up the weights and apply that to one box. I don't think there is a way to tell it to create a second box if the order quantity is over 4 though, so you may want to mark up your UPS rates a bit if you expect to regularly have orders over a quantity of 4. 

Shipping Boxes
    Rate Method:

[  ]  Each product ships in a separate box OR

[  ] Multiple products ship in the same box

Currently the USPS integration doesn't have the option to specify, unfortunately, which makes it unusable for me, since I can't consolidate my products. 

Hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

Thank you @FiltersOnline!  I will give that a try.