Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Thomasdmd
    Getting Started

Slow Google Lighthouse Performance

If you use Google Chrome, there is a feature under Settings >Developer Tools>Lighthouse.

Click "Generate Report" and Google gives a report for your website's performance, SEO and other metrics.  The toughest one is Performance.  Currently my site is giving poor grades for:

Image elements do not have explicit width and height

Reduce the impact of third-party code (Go Daddy code)

> Minimize main-thread work

> Remove unused JavaScript

> Time to First Contentful Paint

> Time to Interactive

> Time to Largest Contentful Paint

Does anyone know wat we can do to improve performance scores within the Website Builder to improve our scores?  It seems Google is now ranking pages based on this score so it is important

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    ChristineL
    Product Team

Hi @Thomasdmd we are actively working on improvements for this. Google made a change that caused some lighthouse scores to go down. Thanks for your patience. Christine

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    ChristineL
    Product Team

Hi @Thomasdmd we are actively working on improvements for this. Google made a change that caused some lighthouse scores to go down. Thanks for your patience. Christine

View solution in original post

@ChristineL That's awesome to hear you are aware of this.  I was getting performance scores of 94-96 until recently, now in the 50's.  I'm not sure most users understand the importance of this and the difficulty involved in achieving fast performance scores, but it makes Google happy and helps SEO