Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    adrianab
    New

Solved - Selling digital product - remove address requirement at checkout?

Hi everyone hopefully someone can help me. I sell digital products on my website and when customers check out it's required they fill out their address. Is there a way to get rid of that? I don't need their address at all they're just getting a pdf file. Does anyone know if there's a way to avoid the address upon checkout?

*Editing to add this has been solved. I connected with support, they confirmed it's not possible to get rid of the address when selling a digital product only**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Just to elaborate on this a bit @adrianab. While it is true that no shipping address is required for the digital products you sale, there is a address requirement for credit card processing. Many webstore solutions will combine billing and shipping and list the section as Billing/Shipping, while allowing for the separation of these if the addresses are different. In your case address is there for billing. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Just to elaborate on this a bit @adrianab. While it is true that no shipping address is required for the digital products you sale, there is a address requirement for credit card processing. Many webstore solutions will combine billing and shipping and list the section as Billing/Shipping, while allowing for the separation of these if the addresses are different. In your case address is there for billing. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post