Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    KyleC
    New

Style code not functioning

I am making a website and my site wide style code seems to not be working. Originally I took some code that was suggested on another community post to modify buttons when they are hovered over but it didn't work (code below).

a.wsb-button.button:hover {
      background: yellow;
    }

Then to see if the problem was that the button code was incorrect or if the style tags aren't working properly I used very basic code to change all text in h1 red which also didn't work when I used the html code button to put some h1 text in.

h1 {
    color: red;
    }

This is my first real time making a website and my first time ever using the website builder so I might just be making mistakes but as far as I can tell this should be working right?

1 REPLY 1
    Muse
    Super User II

@KyleC

If you are sure those are the correct CSS parameters to change, did you clear you caches?  Could be you aren't seeing the latest and greatest.

If we are sure the caches are cleared and these are the parameters to change, try tacking on "!important".  Example:

a.wsb-button.button:hover {
      background: yellow !important;
    }

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone