Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    DMoody
    New

TemplateMonster: File and Folder Permissions?

I got a template from TemplateMonsters and I have been having some issues.  Their tech support is asking me to ensure my permissions to files and folders are set to the following:

Files  644

Folders  755

Knowledge Base suggests using FTP File Manager to change permissions but I don't see anything resembling these numbers.

Windows Web Hosting chat is offline and phone is busy so I thought I would ask here.

Also, does anyone know a simple way to force a password on a development site through permissions (dev.myweb.com).  Site is HTML and I don't want to have to recode all the pages as ASP for sessions and login page.  I thought it could be done in IIS to force a login similar to file explorer and map drives.  Had it on other hosts but can not seem to get it with GoDaddy.

Thx,

Douglas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @DMoody

I'm not solid expert on the Windows file/folder permissions needed to use your template (especially since the instructions you have are more for a Linux environment), but i think part of what you're looking for is over here. If the Windows plan you have is a Plesk account, then those instructions will help you with making the actual permission changes in your account. 

Our live chat teams should be available now to assist directly if you'd prefer. Beyond that, perhaps another member who has used one of TemplateMonster's templates within a Windows hosting plan can help shed some more insight on the settings they require for your specific template. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
    SamHobbs
    Helper V

Just search for Linux file permissions and those numbers. I am not familiar with them but apparently 755 is the same as 644 except 755 includes execute permission.

Why are 644 and 755 unix permissions ideal for files/directories in public folders? | cPanel Forums

How to Use UNIX and Linux File Permissions | Help & Support | The University of North Carolina at Ch...

Learning the shell - Lesson 7: Permissions

Sam,

Thank you but I think I didn't make my issue clearer or  I am missing something.

My hosting is Windows and not Linux/Apache.

Would your answers still apply?

Douglas

Yes they apply since Linux uses numbers for permissions like that. So the information you were provided is for Linux. So did you look at those pages?

Hey @DMoody

I'm not solid expert on the Windows file/folder permissions needed to use your template (especially since the instructions you have are more for a Linux environment), but i think part of what you're looking for is over here. If the Windows plan you have is a Plesk account, then those instructions will help you with making the actual permission changes in your account. 

Our live chat teams should be available now to assist directly if you'd prefer. Beyond that, perhaps another member who has used one of TemplateMonster's templates within a Windows hosting plan can help shed some more insight on the settings they require for your specific template. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

View solution in original post

TemplateMonster just dumped another solution on me that I don't think will work either.  Asked me to have GoDaddy add this to the server:

FilesMatch".(ttf|otf|woff)$">

Header Set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"

</FilesMatch>

I see chat is working today so I am going over there.  Thanks everyone.

hey guys can anyone help

the problem is that i'm on linux plan and i have php script and can not submit anything on it that's what mean ,operation is not allowed by your server and servername is not localhost? or the linux plan not support this type of script?

and how can resolve this problems

Software Version of scrip :  PHP 5.4, PHP 5.5, PHP 5.6, MySQL 5.x

thank you

Hey @allgamedeal!

Can you add some more detail about the script that isn't working to help the community know what you're trying to do? Thanks!

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator