Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    pjsmartin
    New

Want to customize subscribe verification email

I am starting my goal to build a large subscriber list. I use the Subscribe section on the webpage. But, the website builder does not give me any way to customize or adjust the verification email that the system sends out to the new subscriber. The GoDaddy email to the new subscribers is extremely poor.  Poor. Does not help build my brand.

GoDaddy help told me it could not be changed.  Anyone else find a solution? Other than leaving GoDaddy Websites + Marketing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User II

@pjsmartin 

That is a frustrating limitation -- and an important one.  The only work-around I can think of that may be a solution is if you use a 3rd party service like MailChimp.   They are free for up to 2000 subs. 

Then you would take their form code snippet and put it on your site via the HTML widget.  You would then be able to control every email and even the design and layout of your mailings.

Not sure as I've not tried this myself, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. Maybe give that a whirl?   If you hit a wall with that approach, WordPress makes all this easy-peasy. 😉

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Muse
    Super User II

@pjsmartin 

That is a frustrating limitation -- and an important one.  The only work-around I can think of that may be a solution is if you use a 3rd party service like MailChimp.   They are free for up to 2000 subs. 

Then you would take their form code snippet and put it on your site via the HTML widget.  You would then be able to control every email and even the design and layout of your mailings.

Not sure as I've not tried this myself, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. Maybe give that a whirl?   If you hit a wall with that approach, WordPress makes all this easy-peasy. 😉

Judith
    "Success is the sum of details." ~ Harvey S. Firestone

View solution in original post