• GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Want to vary price and have customers contact to order. Can I do with with Website Builder?

I am building a website using the website builder. I sell Night Vision so lead time for products vary greatly and prices also fluctuate greatly on some so much in fact I couldn’t comfortably list a price on certain items. What I want to do is put a price on some items and let customers configure it to see the price but then put “contact to purchase”. On other items that fluctuate in price I’d like to just put “contact for price” right off the bat. I do not want customers to be able to checkout but rather have to contact me to purchase my products so I can help them fully understand lead time, availability, etc...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

Hi @Coop41530. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It sounds like what you're looking to do maybe a little too complex for what our Website Builder is able to do. It's a great tool in many situations but occasionally customers need greater flexability. You may want to consider building a site with WordPress and using one of the many eCommerce plugins that are available.

If that's not an option for you, the only way I could see doing what you want is by maybe creating a separate page for each product. You could use a content section to show images and give a description. You could also add a contact form and edit it under the content section. Keep in mind with any of the sections you add, if you delete the default text that's put in, it removes that part of the section, so that helps with customization. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager

Hi @Coop41530. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It sounds like what you're looking to do maybe a little too complex for what our Website Builder is able to do. It's a great tool in many situations but occasionally customers need greater flexability. You may want to consider building a site with WordPress and using one of the many eCommerce plugins that are available.

If that's not an option for you, the only way I could see doing what you want is by maybe creating a separate page for each product. You could use a content section to show images and give a description. You could also add a contact form and edit it under the content section. Keep in mind with any of the sections you add, if you delete the default text that's put in, it removes that part of the section, so that helps with customization. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post